C6. Group learning
To serve different instructional purposes, teachers could group students in different ways:
- According to academic abilities
– Homogeneous grouping gives students of similar ability an opportunity to explore unknown concepts together and to obtain emotional support from each other.
– Heterogeneous grouping enables more able students to provide cognitive support for the less able peers and deepens their own understanding.
- Not according to academic abilities
– Other types of grouping could be applied to facilitate student learning.
In addition, cooperative learning could be promoted among students of varied abilities.
DI teaching strategies video clips:
The videos were filmed in due observance of personal and environmental hygiene to prevent transmission of COVID- 19. All individuals involved in the filming process worn a surgical mask and maintained social distancing at all times, except during individual interviews. Videos showing a group of people not wearing surgical masks were taken before the outbreak of COVID-19
Copyright @ Jockey Club “Diversity at Schools” Project. All Rights Reserved.