C6. Group learning
To serve different instructional purposes, teachers could group students in different ways:
- According to academic abilities
– Homogeneous grouping gives students of similar ability an opportunity to explore unknown concepts together and to obtain emotional support from each other.
– Heterogeneous grouping enables more able students to provide cognitive support for the less able peers and deepens their own understanding.
- Not according to academic abilities
– Other types of grouping could be applied to facilitate student learning.
In addition, cooperative learning could be promoted among students of varied abilities.
DI classroom teaching examples (Chinese version only)
DI teaching strategies video clips:
The videos were filmed in due observance of personal and environmental hygiene to prevent transmission of COVID- 19. All individuals involved in the filming process worn a surgical mask and maintained social distancing at all times, except during individual interviews. Videos showing a group of people not wearing surgical masks were taken before the outbreak of COVID-19
Copyright @ Jockey Club “Diversity at Schools” Project. All Rights Reserved.